News & Events
When is the first day of school for the 2023/2024 school year?
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023
When is the last day of school for the 2023/2024 school year?
- Thursday, May 30, 2024
Will meals be provided free of charge to all learners during the 2023-2024 school year?
No. The USDA has suspended the waiver that provided free meals to all learners during the pandemic. Free and reduced meals will continue to be provided for those learners who qualify during the 2023-2024 school year. To qualify for free and reduced meals, parents and guardians are encouraged to fill out the free and reduced meal application after July 1, 2023. Refer to our Food Services website for more information.
How do I apply for my child to receive free and reduced meals?
When is graduation for the Class of 2024?
- New Horizon High School: Thursday, May 30, 2024
- Highland High School: Friday, May 31, 2024
- Century High School: Friday, May 31, 2024
- Pocatello High School: Friday, May 31, 2024
When do I find out about transfers?
- The elementary transfer meeting is Thursday, August 10, 2023.
- Secondary schools transfers are notified within 60 days of submission of the application.
How do I transfer my learner?
When is Registration?
- Students who are new to PCSD 25: Register online by completing the Online Registration. After completing the registration online, call your neighborhood school after August 1 to confirm.
When is schedule pick-up for middle school and high school learners?
- August 9 and 10, 2023
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where is my Bus Stop?
What time does my child’s school start? What time does my child’s school dismiss?
What school supplies will my child need this year?
- Elementary School Supplies
- Middle School Supplies
- High School Supplies are listed on the course syllabus
Where is the 2023-2024 school calendar located?
What are the upcoming school closure dates? (No School)
- ALL Grades: Monday, September 4, 2023 - Labor Day
- Grades K-5: Thursday & Friday, October 5 & 6, 2023 - Parent Teachers Conferences
- Grades 6-12: School will be in session Thursday, October 5. Closed Friday, October 6, 2023 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- ALL Grades: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - Election Day
- ALL Grades: Friday, November 17, 2023 - End of Trimester/Record Day
- ALL Grades: Monday - Friday, November 20 - 24, 2023 - Thanksgiving Break
- ALL Grades: Monday - Monday, December 18 - January 1, 2024 - Winter Break. School resumes Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
- ALL Grades: Monday, January 15, 2024 - Idaho Human Rights Day
- ALL Grades: Friday, February 2, 2024 - Parent Teacher Conference Grades K-8
- ALL Grades: Monday, February 19, 2024 - President's Day
- ALL Grades: Friday, March 1, 2024 - End of Trimester/Record Day
- ALL Grades: Monday - Friday, March 18-22, 2024 - Spring Break
- ALL Grades: Monday, May 27, 2024 - Memorial Day
- ALL Grades: Wednesday, May 30, 2024 - Last Day of School
What is the best way to monitor my child’s progress during the school year?
- Parent engagement has a direct correlation to student success. PCSD 25 parents can log into the Campus Parent Portal and stay engaged with information at-your-fingertips throughout the school year. Parent favorites include:
- Access to student grades
- Review attendance and absences
- Monitor assignments due or upcoming exams
- Notifications for School/District Announcements
- Lunchroom information
- To download the Campus Parent Portal app on your mobile phone. Visit the App or Play Store on your mobile device and search for “campus parent portal.” If you need login information, please contact the Help Desk: (208) 235-3219.
As the school year winds down, I have reflected a lot on the many accomplishments of our district. We have indeed taken flight this year!
Instructionally, we have learned to adapt in an ever-changing world of technology and yet remain committed to personal learning and interactive experiences. Academically, we strive to meet our learners' needs in our classrooms with engaging, problem solving, critical thinking and collaborative opportunities. Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities continue to flourish with numerous district, state, national and academic championships.
As with any success, these results do not come without the preparation, drive, hard work, passion and dedication of each team member. These values are the foundation of our culture and I am fortunate to be on a team that exhibits these characteristics on a daily basis.
In the past couple of weeks, it has been affirmed to me that our district truly embraces our motto of "More Together." In our efforts to adjust to a devastating fire, I watched, listened and facilitated multiple meetings in which representatives of administration, the Board of Trustees, Maintenance & Operations, Food Service, Transportation, Technology and a BLT came together to brainstorm ideas for solutions that capitalized on each team member's valuable input to maintain the continuity of learning and activities while making efforts to minimize disruptions. It was obvious through this experience that this type of problem solving happens continually throughout our district. Please know how much each of you are appreciated as you take part in daily discussions that have the same goals in mind.
It is with admiration and respect that the Board and your district leadership flight team recognize all of your contributions not only this week, but the entire year. And please, enjoy a fun experience with your gift card.
Superintendent Dr. Douglas Howell
Please join us in congratulating the 2023 Simplot Inspirational Teacher of the Year Recipients; Todd Praska from Pocatello High School, Lora Hughes from Franklin Middle School and Chari Paige from Chubbuck Elementary School.
Congratulations to all of the 2023 finalists and the recipients, you are all very deserving and PCSD 25 is very lucky to have to you as part of our More Together Team.
Important changes are coming to Idaho Medicaid eligibility.
Find out how this will impact your benefits and what you need to do by visiting the DHW Medicaid Protection FAQ page.